Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Package Availability

Hi, has anyone else heard of this, I'm wondering whether I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes.

I'm currently on an M200 broadband package and when talking about upgrades was informed by VirginMedia that I wasn't able to have M350 or above because it was not supported in my area. 

This is strange because last year I did have M350 but decided to downgrade and when I check online what service I can get it says that M500 is available for my address.

When I questioned this further I was informed that I could only have M200 because the maximum upload speed is 20Mbps in my area, therefore they would not give M350 because they would not able to give 35Mbps.  Surely that's my decision whether to accept 350/500 download and restrict at 20 upload?

Welcome others' thoughts on this... if anything, why is upload speed limited and when can it be improved?

Many thanks in advance! Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Package Availability

Hi. Send me a pm with your postcode and i will look at what speed you can get in your area.
Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos