cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boradband Account was upgraded to VOLT 350mbps but not been applied

nholman
Tuning in

Hi

My broadband was account was updated to 350mpbs due to being an o2 customer.

However, this hasnt actually been applied to hub modem. im still getting 200mbps which what my account was.

anyone from virgin on here you can help and get the speed applied please?

My Broadband Ping - SH3 Modem Mode
9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Volt takes 14 days to activate on the VM side.  Also make sure the account details for O2 and VM are EXACTLY the same, otherwise it will not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Community elder

@nholman wrote:

Hi

My broadband was account was updated to 350mpbs due to being an o2 customer.

However, this hasnt actually been applied to hub modem. im still getting 200mbps which what my account was.

anyone from virgin on here you can help and get the speed applied please?

Once you apply it can take up to 14 days for the upgrade to occur.

its been about 2 months so normally id wait but its been long enough. and the account says its been updated but ive not had the speed.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

are you doing a speed test or checking the config file 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

speed test

200 every time

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - also the info from configuration - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream - configuration

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi nholman,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My fault guys - my queue management to combat buffer bloat on my router was set to the old speed and i forgot to adjust it hence why it was still limited to the old speed.

Thanks for everyones help.

Hi @nholman thanks for getting back to us.

To clarify, are you confirming you're now happy with your service?  
Regards

Lee