cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behind competition on Upload Speed, and poor VM customer service!

DissapointedVM
On our wavelength

Does VM not care anymore about loyal customers or keeping competitive?! Phoned up as they've decided to sky rocket my 350mb broadband only bill to £55?!?! I mentioned competition were doing 500mb and 75mb upload (twice the speed of VM) for £40, and that the best they could do was £44 for 350mb with 35mb upload?? So I'm paying more for a poorer service, do you not care about your loyal customers, because you pretty much admitted the competition was better and a lower price?! VM need to do something desperately about upload speeds, and maybe also undercut prices if you are not going to do this as people like me will leave.

Not sure if any admins care, but this is your last chance to show your customers that you care, as I am not at all impressed with the support on the phone. And to add insult if I was a new customer 350mb with phone was less (£39) then I'm paying just for broadband.

VM used to be good, but now they've lost the speed race, it's like they given up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will not discuss package prices on here - that has to be done over the phone.

Cancel your contract and give your 30 days notice.

Retentions will (should!) then call you back and offer you their best deal to stay.

Either take that or move for a "new customer" special offer elsewhere. Then when that contract ends - come back to VM for another "new customer" offer.

Its just how the present system works.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will not discuss package prices on here - that has to be done over the phone.

Cancel your contract and give your 30 days notice.

Retentions will (should!) then call you back and offer you their best deal to stay.

Either take that or move for a "new customer" special offer elsewhere. Then when that contract ends - come back to VM for another "new customer" offer.

Its just how the present system works.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

DissapointedVM
On our wavelength

If you find a direct email/ number please PM me, as I too have a complaint to file with VM!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DissapointedVM wrote:

If you find a direct email/ number please PM me, as I too have a complaint to file with VM!

@DissapointedVM 

VM's complaints process is explained here although I think jbrennand has pretty much nailed it already.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DissapointedVM wrote:

Hi DissapointedVM,

I see you've posted the same message elsewhere on the forums.

You can file an online complaint  on this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints 

And here's the link to the VM Complaints Code-of-Practice 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM don't do eMail discussion.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

Follow options 1,1,4,4 for "Thinking of Leaving"

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

--------------------
John
--------------------

Already called them as per my original post, and they were less than helpful unfortunately. Looks like I'll have to just cancel my contract, in the past retention seemed more willing to help, now they almost want you to leave? Oh well, kind of guessed this would happen when the competition caught up?

It would be ridiculous to make a complaint about a price especially as even new customers, who normally get the best deals, have to pay £56pm plus a £35 setup fee on an 18-month contract for M350.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

£55 a month for an infrastructure that's setup and in place (which has gone up in price for no better service), you as an additional user in the grand scheme of things will hardly dent it, so why is the price so high? Add to this why is the competition at higher download and upload rates for less? Then your defence of VM seems to be unnecessary?

You've been offered a 21% reduction off list price to £44 and you have the luxury of a competitor which provides faster speeds for even less, so what do you have to complain about. Just leave and VM will deal with it (or not), it's a free market.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection