Menu
Highlighted
Synergy61
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apex Legends packet loss Area 10

Thought I'd make a new post about my problem as my last post vanished. So lets try this again, After having issues since December I decided to call support and had two engineers come up and fix my internet speeds. The modem was replaced twice, all cables have been replaced and I've replaced all Ethernet cables and formatted pc. After engineers fixed my internet I thought he packet loss would be fixed. 

Capturespeeds.JPG

Internet speeds are all back to normal But as you can see underneath my packet loss remains.

jCapture1.JPG

ingame I'm always getting the packet loss icon

Capture.PNG

If anyone from support can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks David

0 Kudos
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends packet loss Area 10

I'm all in favour of bad-mouthing Virgin Media, but if you're getting 0% packet loss to servers in New York, South Carolina, and Virginia, yet seeing packet loss on connections to London and Europe, then the Finger Of Probability points at routing and traffic management by the gaming platform.  If it were VM's network or your local cable link then you would see it on all connections.

You could of course have local issues AND game traffic routing issues, and there's a quick way of finding out.  Head over the Thinkbroadband.com and set up a Broadband Quality Monitor.  Whilst not perfect, that will allow you to track your latency and packet loss continuously, from a London based test server.

My money is currently on your problems not being VM's fault, but I could be wrong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Synergy61
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer. I'll check it out. But I wasn't bad-mouthing virgin just looking for answers from experts in the field. I've been with Virgin over 20 years and this has been my first problem so just looking for a fix. Have 3 friends in the same area with different internet suppliers and they have no issues. Hence the reason I'm looking for advice. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But I wasn't bad-mouthing virgin

No, but I wouldn't pass up the opportunity myself.  VM could be a world class company, backed by loyal and enthusiastic customers...but senior management choose not to be that company.

just looking for answers from experts in the field.

Unlucky - you get people like me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andruser,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing packet loss whilst playing Apex Legends.

I've had a look at your network stats and cannot see any errors or anything out of the ordinary about your stats. 

As mentioned by @Andruser, please create a Broadband Quality Monitor from here for at least 24 hours (the longer the better) and post the results here.

Also do you experience packet loss whilst playing different games on different servers for example?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos