cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Gig 1 to an existing package

Osk65
Joining in

Gig 1 has recently come to my area and I was wanting to upgrade to Gig 1 on my existing oomph bundle.

On the website there is only an option to order stand alone gig 1 or gig 1 with a phone.

There doesn't seem to be any options for gig 1 with an oomph bundle, can gig 1 be added to an oomph bundle 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Osk65 

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 (normal land line rates apply), and speak to Regrades

The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the update, 

however it seems there is some discrepancy between the web site and virgin media systems. When i go to https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker and input my address the website says 1gig is available to order however when I ring Virgin media and ask to add it to my account they tell me their system is telling them its not available for my area. 

So it seems there is either an error on the website.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yep - the website is somewhat "optimistic". It has told me I can have 1GB for months - - however if I try and progress the order (just as an experiment - I dont want it at all!!) it says its not available yet at my specific address.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Frustrating though when the website implies that you can click here to 'upgrade your broadband'

Especially frustrating that they are making it compulsory to speak to someone (when trying to get through to them on the phone right now is painful) to even get an idea of the price increase.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

Follow options 1,1,4,4 - thinking of leaving - they usually pick up quickly in the UK call centre early morning

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely the best way to avoid  waiting in line!

And credit where credit is due, the Virgin operator  rejigged my package (which was ‘out of contract’) and upgraded me to 1Gb for only the smallest of monthly increases. 

Waiting impatiently for a yodel to turn up with my Hub4…

As a matter of interest which particular Oomph bundle do you have?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

My original package came from the days without Oomph!

I now have 1Gbps BB, Maxit TV, & Talk More Anytime Landline. Which seems like Ultimate but with 1Gbps rather than 500Mbps

That sounds like Bigger Oomph, the bundle name is on your bill. I've got Bigger Oomph + Sports comprising Maxit TV, Sky Sports Collection, Sky Sports HD, M350, Talk Weekends and 5GB Oomph SIM. I might get the upgrade to 1Gbps for a small increase, think I may make an enquiry.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection