Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: AL5: upload speed back in the dak ages

@MikeRobbo on Tuesday wrote:

... snip ...

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

... snip ...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status says it is all fine, yesterday there was an issue (now disappeared).

0800 says there is a "complex issue" in the area and it is taking longer than expected.

It is all very frustrating, either a known issue, or a complex issue, or intentional misbehaviour or badly designed network, the result is always the same.

These are all just ways to gain time and postpone any compensation or such.

Does anybody know how much is the penalty to pay to leave a contract with 6 months left in? (at the begin of all this they offered me a discount, which with hindsight was a very bad idea).

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi audetto74,

The early termination fees are explained here early-disconnection-fees 

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you and possibly arrange a tech visit if the problem doesn't disappear once the local issues are sorted out .... the systems won't allow a tech visit whilst such issues exist.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Oh good, thank you.

How complicated is it? They could have just said: you pay 70% of your package up to £240.

And what about the discounts one already have? It might even ben that the % is actually 100%.

Anyway, the cap simplifies the calculation: £240 is the cost.

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what to say.

In the last 4 days the network has been random. To be honest the status page was listing daily outages.

Friday not usable: dropped every 20 minutes (with some reboots).

Today dropped a few times.

In between, I even got (at times) the desired 10MB upload.

Finger crossed.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi audetto74, sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the service. I wasn't able to run any checks using our forum details alone - if you get back to me via PM confirming the requested details we'll do all we can to help.

Tom 

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

I was waiting to post an update when I had more data.

I am speechless: the network has been good for a week now. Upload speed around 9MB most of the times.

Either most people have already moved to BT or VM has indeed improved the downstream channels.

I hope it is a permanent situation and will open a new thread if things go bad again.

Regards

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

OK glad to hear there's been improvement thanks for the update, don't hesitate to get back to us again if needed.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Alan79
Tuning in
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed the same thing; my upload speed suddenly went back to what it should have always been. It's a shame it's taken 6 months to get to this point, but at least it's now back to the full rate throughout the day again.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Harpenden/Wheathampsted is the furthest easterly section of the Hemel network. The fibre feed for Harpenden comes along the Redbourn road, where there have been significant roadworks over the past few weeks. My money is on some kind of cable damage during the roadworks.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks