Menu
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 41 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Re: AL5: from bad to worse

Ok, thank you.

Assuming this is the real issue, the way VM handles it is really bad.

According to the status page, no issues are found on my area for broadband. All green all good. Now you tell me there is a fault and a reference and the only way to check if it has been fixed is to hope for some of the volunteers from VM who look around these forums to update this thread.

I keep reading that if I am lucky I get an answer in 5 days (maybe 10), or maybe never.

Forgot to add: then someone suggests to call a telephone number to get a different report, very very badly organised.

We all know VM does not like to disclose issues (bigger or small they are), but this behaviour frustrates people even more.

VM needs to move from "denial" to "disclose", but I will probably retire before this happens.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 42 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Hey @audetto74 - today is the latest fix date from @John_GS 🙂

Is it errrrr... fixed ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 43 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Did not have time to do a proper speed test, but in the afternoon the connection showed the usual lag when typing.

Now at 20:51 upload speed is 2.22 and 2.68 from 2 different servers. I don't think anything has changed.

The fault was about SNR, but in my experience this is rarely connected to "quality of connection".

Imagine this: use a single Ethernet cable to connect a building with 1000 PC to the network.

Engineer says: all fine, all cables and software are ok, no issues.

Users say: connection unusable.

Who is right?

Here we are at the same level. SNR might have been fixed, but we hardly care.

I bought MB not SNR!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 44 of 50
Flag for a moderator

If the over-utilisation issue has been "fixed" - your BQM should be looking more... "normal".  I know John_GS referred to SNR but you never know.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 45 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday 8th.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/46a15e8160162dae404673ea7e4d49b7e935e0e2-08-02-2021

Friday 5th

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/0010fc9317bcc7784c49be51a4a054e300...

Thursday 4th

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7e2c23a33f3edbf555da12ce8b251c7aa384edd8-04-02-2021

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 46 of 50
Flag for a moderator

BTW, as to whether it is fixed.

The answer is no.

10:14 peak time, massive lag in remote connection and 0.19 MB upload speed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 47 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Clearly not ! It is definitely worse between 9-5pm than other times. That might be because ofg all the working from home, schooling, gaming, etc going on then. So I suspect VM are sitting with fingers crossed that the issue will disappear when some normality returns. Or did you have the same issues over the summer months when that "load" was presumably reduced.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 48 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Today it has been particularly painful as the lag makes typing an exercise in frustration.

Summer and autumn were good, it went pear shaped with the last lockdown from begin of January.

Not a single constructive comment from VM forum members or customer support. Everybody knows what the issue is, but they keep going around with the SNR and powerlevel nonsense.

It is unbelievable how this company is still in business. I really hope BT will offer a better service.

Unfortunately, no other fibre provider is available in this area.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 49 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Sorry my comments here are not constructive but it's obvious what the issue is and VM will probably be keeping stum about about it because they hope it will just go away so. Negative commentary from themselves on their service is deemed not to be good business practice (by any company) and is usually verbotten.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
audetto74
Dialled in
Message 50 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Your comments are much more constructive than anything I heard from VM.

I think they would come across as adults and professionals if they acknowledged the issue, apologise, and tell us what they are going to do about it: including nothing at all.

Behaving like children who are not able to assume their responsibilities, is child behaviour.

I can't be asked to deal with this sort of people, not at work, not at home and not here.

0 Kudos