Menu
Highlighted
abtrooper82
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500mbps disappointed.

Aaron 2

That is fine if your on the Full house package, but many people are not and as I said I saved money by choosing not to have the Sport, HD, Extra door stop Tivo box and what use is a SIM card when my phone is locked to another provider. 

Sorry but expecting people to sign up for other VM services which they clearly don't want in order to get 500mb BB is not the way to do this, especially if you're an existing customer on the top end 350mb BB service. I had no problem increasing my BB from 200mb to 350mb last year with VM, it only cost me an extra £7 which I could handle as I had already downgraded my TV package. So why not do the same for customers from 350mb to 500mb. Simples.

mossman
Super solver
Message 22 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@abtrooper82 wrote:

That is fine if your on the Full house package, but many people are not and as I said I saved money by choosing not to have the Sport, HD, Extra door stop Tivo box and what use is a SIM card when my phone is locked to another provider. 

Sorry but expecting people to sign up for other VM services which they clearly don't want in order to get 500mb BB is not the way to do this, especially if you're an existing customer on the top end 350mb BB service.

You are assuming that  Vivid 500 will not be offered as a standalone package in the future. It is highly likely that it will.

0 Kudos
abtrooper82
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I assume nothing with VM Smiley Happy, I'm sure they will come up with a cunning plan. Just making my views known on the package deal being offered now.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 24 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Extra door stop tivo 😂😂😂
Timwilky
Superfast
Message 25 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I currently have 350/35Mb. A big improvement of the 20Mb upload that was in place until last week.

An upgrade that would give me further upload would be appealing, But I am not going to pay a further 40 quid a month for unwanted TV channels/phone etc to get no improvement in upload. Bonkers

mossman
Super solver
Message 26 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@Timwilky wrote:

I currently have 350/35Mb. A big improvement of the 20Mb upload that was in place until last week.

An upgrade that would give me further upload would be appealing, But I am not going to pay a further 40 quid a month for unwanted TV channels/phone etc to get no improvement in upload. Bonkers

And that is precisely why VM would be likely to offer it as a standalone product later on.

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 27 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I also think that VM could be deliberately restricting the takup of the higher speed to see how the network deals with the additional load, and monitoring for contention. 

0 Kudos
searedjaguar
Tuning in
Message 28 of 57
Flag for a moderator

hmm, I guess I should have thought of that before, I do remember from all of the upgrades my service had to be discounted because I was receiving half the speed for like 6 months before it was either fixed or other customers left the service.

0 Kudos
brenster100
Tuning in
Message 29 of 57
Flag for a moderator

If they were to make the upload 30 to 50% of the download I would have upgraded it it instantly but the only way to get more upload with them is with a leased line (£299 is far to much for 100/100) and im sure virgin can do it as the cabinet has fiber then coax to the house (im sure coax is capable of 1Gbps)
0 Kudos
brenster100
Tuning in
Message 30 of 57
Flag for a moderator

God no they only do places with many people in my city they only do 4 places
0 Kudos