cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb new contract Vs existing user

BBloke
Tuning in

Hi All,

Ive been patiently waiting for 1gb in my area and I can see it's available. I've been a long time broadband user since it came in my home town when it was blueyonder.

It's has been an outstanding service by everyone, with very few issues over many years.

I notice on the web site 1gb new contract is £62 (18 months). Which is what my current cost is.

Why, if I upgrade do virgin want to charge a further £18/month? Jumping to 500mb is only £3 extra.

Are there no options for loyal customers?

Bit miffed!

BBloke

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you're out of a fixed term contract, then you do have options:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Why-are-loyal-customers-penalised-by-not-recei...

Other ISPs do mostly offer new customer deals to existing customers (which doesn't mean they all offer that on a plate, you may still need to negotiate), and VM will eventually be dragged into line when there's sufficient national coverage of FTTP to create effective competition in the 100+ Mbps speed segments.  For now, VM are still mostly playing by the old rules, under which they were the only high speed offer in town, and could price as they pleased.