Did you mean: 

1gb broadband

stephenburton24
Tuning in

Is 1gig broadband worth upgrading to I am on 600 at the minute

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You could ask yourself that question like will I be downloading a lot and need my downloads as fast as they can write to disk?

---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unless you are an extremely heavy user, e.g. a large family all up/downloading videos or large games and data at the same time  you will not notice any difference. 

The 1gig contract is offered by Virgin so that they can say they are the fastest major ISP, but in the knowledge that it will cost them little more to provide because very few customers can actually manage to use it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

It cost me an extra quid a month and extended the discount offer I was paying. Still **bleep** poor upload speeds but that is the reason to upgrade just for those few extra Mb of upload.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stephenburton24

Thanks for your query regarding the 1 Gig broadband package, we appreciate you taking the time to query this via the forum.

As the other members of the forum have advised it is all down to your personal usage, how much you use it, what you use it for and the number of user's are all factors to consider. There are others such as if you're having speed issues, increasing the overall package won't resolve these and can cause more problems depending on what is causing the issue.

If you would like to take the package you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts ateam who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob