Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Service - repeatedly getting less than 300MB :(

Dialled in

I've started to see much lower speeds on my 1GB service (Hub 4).

Initially it was great and consistently reporting speeds >800MB but of late it seems to be no better that 300Mb (according to To be fair, I'm not really 'suffering' but I like to get what I'm paying for.

The Hub is normally in Modem mode but I have done tests reverting it back to Router mode. Test speeds remain consistent either way.

I've tried the usual suggestions - rebooted the hub & checked the coaxial connections etc. I've checked the hub logs too (although I'm not sure what I'm looking for!) and can't see anything obvious.  Any ideas for next steps?





Community elder
There are quite a few uncorrectables on your 3.1 channel (D/S)

Keep monitoring this til VM staff get to it - also set up a BQM to monitor the connection:

'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

BQM doesn't want to play ball with my Hub 4.

I imagine ICMP is being blocked and I can't see a way to enable it. I even reverted to Router mode to see if that would present an option but I can't see anything 😞

Seems to be working now (and speed increased again too).  Maybe you have to turn things on and off more than once 🙄