Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: account hacked and used to add netflix

Hi Otaku,

Sorry to hear about your experience, has this now been sorted out?

If not send your concerns to - https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/, I have used it in the past and its efficient.

Meanwhile, reset your primary account password.

Regards,

KoKo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yeh finally got sorted by virgin but did take a while for them to get in touch. In the end they refunded the 11.99 and removed the subscription. I emailed the complains section to get it sorted. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else because it was quite stressful when everyone is telling you there is nothing they can do. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd check if this was ever resolved for you? I've had the same issue myself. Finally got virgin to remove the Netflix account that wasn't mine and refund me and within a couple of weeks I've had yet another Netflix account added again! Absolute nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christy33, thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened with the Netflix Subscription.

Netflix accounts can only be setup from the customers side. Is there anyone else in the property who could be setting this up? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin. No there is absolutely no one else setting it up. Without a doubt I am the victim of the fraud. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I do appreciate this can be frustrating Christy33. But as advised the only way it can be setup is from the online account. Is there anyone at all who has access to your online account other than yourself? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

There is absolutely no one that has access no. I am not setting this up myself either. I don't even have a TV package with virgin only the internet and I don't have nor do I want Netflix. My account has obviously been hacked and someone unknown to me is enjoying Netflix at my expense. It's been soul destroying to keep on getting the response that it must be me or my family adding this when I know that's not happening. Imagine being a victim of fraud with the bank and them trying to treat customers like this! It wouldn't be acceptable and it isn't acceptable that Virgin are doing this either. Virgin need to take responsibility as this obviously isn't just happening to me and its happening to lots of customers and we are all being fobbed off. I'm still in shock that my account has clearly been hacked and the only response I ever get is it can only be added by the account holder, I didn't add it!!!! My account is being hacked! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

You don't need a Virgin Media Tv Box to set this up. It can be done through the online account. If you do feel this is being setup without your authorisation then we would recommend speaking with Netflix directly so they can investigate this for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

• Spoiler

Fobbing me off again!!! I have already spoken to Netflix and because I don't have an account with them they won't help me! Thank you Martin so much, I will be cancelling virgin today due to your horrendous customer service. I tell you my account has been hacked and no offer of help at all. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry if you feel that is the case Christy33. I can assure you that isn't what we are doing, We are unable to help with information concerning the Netflix accounts themselves as they are dealt with by Netflix. We would advise resetting your online account password to help ensure the account is secure. 

^Martin

0 Kudos