cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe has lost its settings and will not allow me to add sites to allow or block

gstand
Tuning in

The appearance of Web Safe has changed slightly in the last few days.  I switched it off then when I switched it back on it had lost all of the settings I previously had including a couple of web sites that I was allowing through.  I have added the categories to block but it will not allow me to add websites to allow (or to block).  When I enter a website and click the "Add" button a message appears below the box saying "Please enter valid website address".  It is a valid address that I am trying to add.

Screenshot with errorScreenshot with error

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello gstand,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with our websafe feature.

Can we just confirm you are not using this over a VPN.

Can we also confirm that the DNS settings are set Default?

Gareth_L

RosieXYZ
Tuning in

I am having a similar issue. Website addresses that were previously added successfully now bring up the "Please enter valid website address" message. The issue seems to be when the URL contains a hyphen: bbc.co.uk is acceptable, national-lottery.co.uk is not.

Another issue connected with this is that when I turn web safe off and then back on again, it does not remember the additional categories that I previously had blocked.  This was all working fine a couple of weeks ago.