Menu
psg406
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Account Hacked

My Virgin account was hacked and the Password was changed. After talking to the Help team I was was able to gain access to my Virgin account. They also got into Amazon, Apple, Netflix and various other accounts. I am PC literate and have up to date security, Norton, Malawarebytes and CCleaner, this clears all history after each use. All of my passwords are different

My Questions are;

How did they get in to my Virgin Account?

Can it happen again?

Why aren't you using 2FA

Naturally, I'm concerned about Virgins security and that this can happen again. 

So far this has been horrendous and I don't know what's coming next

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Account Hacked

@psg406 wrote:

My Virgin account was hacked and the Password was changed. After talking to the Help team I was was able to gain access to my Virgin account. They also got into Amazon, Apple, Netflix and various other accounts. I am PC literate and have up to date security, Norton, Malawarebytes and CCleaner, this clears all history after each use. All of my passwords are different

My Questions are;

How did they get in to my Virgin Account?

Try the old password here Pwned Password to see if its been recorded in previous data breaches.

Can it happen again?

Password composed of random characters and not recorded by Pwned Password will likely reduce the risk

Why aren't you using 2FA

Good question, wait for Virgin Media to answer.

Naturally, I'm concerned about Virgins security and that this can happen again. 

So far this has been horrendous and I don't know what's coming next

Amazon, Apple, Netflix ― enabling multifactor authentication on those services will reduce the risk of it happening again but Virgin Media Mail will continue to be a weakness because its available security is less than that of those services, i.e. Virgin Media Mail does not offer: multifactor authentication, alerts to sign in location changes, etc.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos