Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Router password

Hi

i have upgraded to ios14 on my iPhone and am getting a message saying “weak security “ I am trying to go into my virgin router on 192.168.0.1 to change the settings using the password that came with it.The password has not been changed.  I keep getting “incorrect password” Can anyone please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router password

run a factory reset on the hub and it will reset to the one on the sticker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you can try a pinhole reset.  Press the reset pin in for 20 seconds and release for 5.  Do this 3 times and wait for 15mins.  This will reset the password back to default.

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

this is a well known issue -> https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050 if the password your entering isn't working, only option would be resetting the hub by pressing and holding reset 30+ seconds plus, during the reboot DONT reboot the hub..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@BumbleVMTech wrote:

Hi, you can try a pinhole reset.  Press the reset pin in for 20 seconds and release for 5.  Do this 3 times and wait for 15mins.  This will reset the password back to default.

Rich

so will pressing the reset button for 30sec - never heard that complicated routine before - totally ott imo

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@liz30538 wrote:

Hi

i have upgraded to ios14 on my iPhone and am getting a message saying “weak security “ I am trying to go into my virgin router on 192.168.0.1 to change the settings using the password that came with it.The password has not been changed.  I keep getting “incorrect password” Can anyone please help

None of the previous respondents have pointed out that router settings page requires the security code that by default is a string of numbers.  This is often confused with the default WiFi password that is also available printed on the hub label.

The WiFi password is also on the reminder card that comes with the hub, whereas the settings code isn't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Thanks for the info I have tried everything and am still getting “incorrect password “ Guess I’ll have to phone VM tomorrow, hopefully not the offshore team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Tony, I forgot as I only work on them every day and know that a 30 second doesn't always work

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham tried the settings password and managed to get in to the router

0 Kudos