Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Potential Spam Text

Hi,

i received a text today saying my account needed verifying or i would lose my service. 

It came from the same number all of my data allowance texts come from, so i followed the link a signed in using my details, by then the next thing it asks is to verify payment details. Also the bottom of the page where it says 'legal stuff' and 'help' couldn't be clicked on.

I closed the page and logged into my mobile account and there was no message, i then logged into the app and it asked me to verify my sim as i hadn't logged in for a while. 

finally i called CS and explained everything to them and they advised i ignore the text as there is no notifications on my account. 

Anyone else had something similar? I've changed my password straight away now to secure my account, but this was scarily convincing and i'd hate to see people fall prey to it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Potential Spam Text

Hi NWalsh94, thanks for you post, phishing emails and SMS can be scary. If you still have that message please send them to phishing@virginmedia.com. Thanks. ^CC

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

i received a message the same today. My account looks fine. I contacted virgin using the mobile number on the website and they said my account was fine and did I click on the link? I didn’t but then they said they will delete my online account and I will need to register again in 24 hours. I have 2 numbers attached to this account which they didn’t seem to know and are now asking for the 2nd mobile number, I am not sure whether this is genuine or not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sky10,

Thank you for coming back to us, I advise not to give any further information, if you are not sure it is always wise to call us directly even if they say they are Virgin.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos