Menu
pentode
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Number 02008514xxx is this Virgin media Number?

Yeah, I know about the call gaurdian but for some reason or other I never tried to use it, maybe I'll give it a whirl, the reason is we had a phone with no call blocker and we got this BT8500 because of the larger and better display, we left the blocker box in because it handles International calls with no problem, maybe Call Guardian is easier to use, rather than menu this 'n menu that we just forgot about it..... we've had this phone quite awhile now!

Dave

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The BT8500 will block international calls too via the custom setting. I think the only thing that may let it down is that the screening process for this model phone is for the caller simply to say who they are. I have found that sometimes the automated voice recordings of the scam calls can trigger this and allow the call to ring through. Later BT phones require the caller to announce who they are and then also press a button on the keypad in order to progress the call and allow the phone to ring which I think makes the screening process more secure and reliable.

I guess the only way you will know how well it works compared with the CPR call blocker is to give it a go and just try the phone on its own with the 'Call Guardian' feature running. Sounds like the sort of project for a wet Sunday afternoon!

0 Kudos
pentode
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Amazing how these 'International' calls I've been getting stopped since I blocked the above number..... that suggest to me these may have been all related.... been getting two or three a day and not had one since.

0 Kudos