Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phishing

Received this today. Don't know if you are interested or not.

Kind regards.

webteam.virgin.media.kw99765nfjxipub16444@espaceville.fr

from espaceville.fr (151.96.103.185.in-addr.arpa [185.103.96.151]) (Authenticated sender: anne-claire.lelievre@espaceville.fr) by player693.ha.ovh.net

Your latest Virgin Media Bill cannot be processed  

Dear [REMOVED]

nYour rlatest sVirgin lMedia ubill bcannot fbe gprocessed hat jthis ztime. jThe bbilling yinformation jassociated uwith eyour baccount qhas yexpired. zYour nservice zis epending ddisconnection ton:

7 September, 2019

lPlease qclick obelow ato eaccess tand cupdate byour qbilling xdetails dnow, tso bthat iwe xmay nretry ythe epayment kfor gyour fbill:

[REMOVED]

dKindd xregards,

fThe gVirgin qMedia iteam

[Mod Edit – Removed Link]

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phishing

Good Afternoon dickiemint532,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

This looks like a phishing E-Mail and I would advise you not to click any links or respond with any sensitive information that may lead to fraudulent activity taking place on your Virgin Media or Bank accounts.

For more information on Phishing E-Mails, here's a link with some handy hits and tips to assist you on how to deal with these E-Mails. You will also find information on how to report them to our team.

Apologies for any distress this E-Mail may have caused. Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I know it was a phishing email, but did not know if the Security guys at Virgin Media wanted to chase it up in any way. This was the first phishing email I have had using Virgin. I often get them from 'BT' and other isp's, but as I am signed up to Virgin I thought I had better let someone know. It did not copy and paste as I expected.

Kind Regards

Richard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same issue raised here I have an email and an explanation for why the copy and paste was not as expected.

BTW: have flagged your initial post to the forum team as it needs a further redaction.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dickiemint532,

Thank you for coming back to us, you can forward that email and any other phishing emails here

phishing@virginmedia.com.

Kind regards

Paul.

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just had the same e-mail sent to me. it's the first one that's got through Virgins spam filter in all the time I've been with them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community,  you can forward that email and any other phishing emails here

phishing@virginmedia.com.

Kind regards

Paul

0 Kudos