cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working

ragpud
Joining in

Why can't virgin fix this simple bug?

I go round and round and round and round, being sent through the forgot password form over and over and over again without any indication of what's wrong and the password never changes.

Can someone help me because VM is blocking me from accessing work related content?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ragpud,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your password reset! I can understand how frustrating that must be. 

Is this a password reset for your MyVirginMedia online account? Or is this for emails?

What happens when you try to reset the password and you click the email confirmation? Does the page not load?

The more details we know, the more we can help. 🙂 Keep us updated so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

It's for my MyVirginMedia online account.

I go to the login page and I try to sign in with my details, it responds with "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."  When I go to forgot password I answer the security question and am asked to choose a new password.  The password I enter meets the criteria but I keep getting told "Something went wrong" in a yellow box at the top, with no indication what went wrong.

I think I may have found the problem, do you have a block on setting a new password if that password has already been used before?  Because if you do you should use a more descriptive error message than "Something went wrong."

Thanks,

Tom

Hi ragpud, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account and password. Can you confirm if you still need assistance with this or have you now managed to log in? ^Chris