cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offensive spam

Blackbird73
Joining in

I get regular offensive spam and have set security to not allow spam but some still get through. The other issue is naturally some spam is not spam and by having to take this action I may miss something genuine. I suspect the source of the spam is one where the address is simply changed by a digit each time I block it. The top line is usually a woman's name but sometimes friends/busineeses may contact me quite genuinely in this way. What is the best way to tackle this?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an age old question.  In my experience Gmail has the strongest spam protection and Outlook the weakest with VM somewhere in between. If you haven't already I would begin to migrate to a cloud email provider like Gmail so you don't feel quite so tied when considering a move away from VM. 

You can stop the spam VM themselves send out here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/preferences

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Blackbird73 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue with the spam emails. 

I'd suggest running through our spam help page here which can provide a lot of useful tips / features to help you filter these out. Please do take a look through these and be sure to let us know if you have any more questions on this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs