cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal website is blocked

CarolineL_W4
Tuning in

It seems I'm not alone, but my personal website is blocked.

It says there's an SSL protocol error yet, everything is updated and I never had any issues before.

Could someone explain to me how to fix this?  Ideally I don't want to change my security settings.  Why has it suddenly started causing an issue, when it's been fine for the past 3 years?

4 REPLIES 4

CarolineL_W4
Tuning in

I have been unable to access my site for a week now.  It keeps telling me there's an SSL protocol error and it cannot provide a secure connection.  When I disconnect from Wifi, I am able to access it via the mobile network and my hosting company is able to access it without a problem.  And I can access it when I turn off the Web safe virus setting, but I would rather not to that.

I have submitted it as a safe site, but is there anything else I can do in the meantime?

Well, I'll reply to myself.  I turn off web safe and turned it back on and it now seems to work.  So either than did the trick, or my submission for the site to be reviewed as safe (but this was only 10 mins prior to it working again).  Anyway, this seems to have resolved itself...  after 1 week of frustration!

CarolineL_W4
Tuning in

Okay, this seems to have sorted itself out, either by unticking websafe and reapplying the settings or by submitting my site for review...  either way, it's working.  1 week of frustration over!

Hi @CarolineL_W4 thanks posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry that you had issues accessing your own personal website.  I am glad this issue has now been resolved and thank you for confirming that it is. Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R