cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam

Salink
Joining in

I've had a call out of the blue from a mobile number beginning 07398 saying they were from Virgin Media sales department. They offered me an upgrade. I went through all the information he wanted until he asked for my long bank card number and I refused to give it. He said he'd pass it to a colleague who would ring me back. I just got the follow up call from another person reportedly from virgin media on a 02045 number this person asked again for my bank card number and again when I refused he said he'd ring me back. What I need to know is ..Is this a scam??

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The dialling codes do not seem to match with anything to do with VM and VM would not ask you for your full banking details (esp. as you are an existing customer).

One of the forum team may be able to check records and see if you were contacted but this sounds very scam-like IMO.

Hey @Salink,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of this happening to you and as @goslow suggested that appears to be a scam and we would never ask for the card number for any existing customers.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, would you like to do this and we can check your account?

Regards,

Steven_L