Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Identity Fraud

A number of weeks ago I was alerted to someone using my personal details to acquire mobile phones from a number of providers. I was able to see which providers were targeted by looking at my credit file and contacted them all before additional handsets were actually delivered.

I spoke to someone in the fraud team at virgin who confirmed two handsets were ordered in my name with them and due to be delivered soon and would look to cancel it and also cancel any accounts and credit etc and ignore any letters demanding money as it would all be cancelled.

A few weeks on and I got two demand letters for payments for the mobile phones which did end up getting delivered and sat at home! I have been in constant contact with CS and I always get told someone would contact me but they never do. No one seems to care about the handsets I have or wiping my account and cancelling the credit with. I'm sure very soon I will default on these and my credit score will take a massive hit. I'm looking to get a new mortgage soon so want/need a clean credit history. Virgin have written to the credit score company telling them they can remove the search history as this also impacts my score but don't seemed to have told the finance arm of virgin to close the account. This has been confirmed when I spoke to them last week. I had to deal with 5 mobile operators during this incident and while non were easy to deal with they were all able to resolve the issue with little fuss.  

As a side note I also had the number plates, videos and descriptions of the people involved. (long story) again no one seems bothered to do anything. I want to return the phones and wipe the credit. Surely this is a simple thing to do! If I had actually taken out these contracts I would have been able to return them as part of my statutory rights, but I seem to have gone down a fraud black hole.

Can someone please contact me to sort this out its a very stressful experience that has taken up a huge amount of my time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Identity Fraud

Hello megahound, 

Welcome to our community forum page, I'm very sorry about the circumstances that have led you here. 

I appreciate all of this must be very frustrating and I have sent you a private message so we can take some further details and get everything sorted out for you right away. 

You will be able to access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,I’m going through the same thing and wondered whether you have gotten anywhere with virgin ......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not yet! My office is a stones throw from their Hammersmith office so next step is to wait outside for the CEO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'next step is to wait outside for the CEO'

hounding the CEO isn't a wise move, if it went to the ombudsman etc.

the reality is that CEO's manage the company not manage or deal with customer complaints. at best his exec team will deal with it but more likely passed to someone senior in customer services.

hope you get it sorted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

still waiting.........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello megahound, 

I have replied to your private message. 

Thanks, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did you get yours sorted? mine continues to rumble on....

0 Kudos