cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Email account but no longer a customer

Plagued
Joining in

Hi guys,

I left BY around 12 months ago but my blueyonder email has remained active, yesterday i received ransome messages from a hacker and i see some of my old login details and accounts being changed, how do I close the email account so the person hacking cant do anymore damage?

i did think BY would have cancelled the account ages ago.

please help!

kind regards

Roy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Plagued,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your old email looked into, I am sorry to hear it's been hacked. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'll send over a PM now so we can go through some questions to get your email deleted - This will ensure the hacker no longer has any access to it.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Plagued,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your old email looked into, I am sorry to hear it's been hacked. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'll send over a PM now so we can go through some questions to get your email deleted - This will ensure the hacker no longer has any access to it.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Plagued,

Thank you for messaging with us, I am glad I could get this raised to our team to be deleted, please pop back if you need any further assistance and I will update this thread if I have an update for you.

Thanks,

Zoie

Thanks Zoie,

Brilliant news and a very quick response / actions.

Take care 

Kind Regards

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Plagued, just to let you know the IT ticket on this has been resolved.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

All the best 🌞

Zoie