Menu
Gary221201
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fraud

Hi first time posting here but I'm at my wits end 

So basically we rented out our house back in 2012 and it seems the previous tenants got services in my name and others and now I want to actually join virgin they say I owe debt obviously not mine I have been trying to resolve for 6 months 

Sent ID in to fraud emailed them etc hours and hours of phone calls and the outcome is as below message from virgin back office

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As the account was at the address whilst you resided there we can only go on what we can see on data from that time, we can’t make judgements on civil issues.

Hey thanks for getting back to us

All of the details match to you and the account ran for over 12 months,  with no mention of fraud raised whilst the account was operational.

Obviously I'm linked to the address as I'm the home owner I'm hoping someone from virgin picks this up and helps me I've been with BT for years never missed a payment but I would really like to join virgin but no one one seems to either know how to fix this or won't help

I have filled in dozens and dozens of forms for the team but no rey or they decide to not help 

I need these accounts taking off of my address and any negative debt removing so I can finally legitimately join virgin 

Tha ks for everyone's time 

Regards 

Gary 

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraud

You will need the VM forum team to advise what they can do to help unravel this from VM's end. Their input usually gets a more useful outcome for customers than the other VM support channels when the query is more complicated.

As someone has used your identity and details to obtain services without your knowledge, have you reported it to the police and Action Fraud? You would then have a crime reference number which may help in the process of disentangling you from the fake VM account in your name. Have you made checks to see if any other services with other suppliers were taken out in your name without your knowledge?

0 Kudos
Gary221201
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply

Action fraud and police were informed 

Crime number sent to virgin along with everything else 

They also used sky for an account however I managed to get that one resolved thanks 

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that. Makes the VM written responses you have posted even more nonsensical sounding if that is the case.

The normal complaint route via VM, then CISAS, does not seem to apply here as CISAS do not deal with fraud cases.

There are probably also data protection rights/implications as VM are storing inaccurate information about you and are not allowing you to have the information corrected. That would be a matter for the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/

See what the forum team can do for you first of all when they pick this up. Hopefully they can make sense of it as it has been reported as a crime and is a case of identity theft, based on what you have described.

0 Kudos
Gary221201
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much.

Will they just pick it up from here or will I need to post it elsewhere to get attention?

Thanks again 

Gary 

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, don't do multiple posts. It is against the forum rules and just gets confusing for anyone trying to respond.

The VM forum team normally pick up within a week but can take a bit longer depending on their workload.

Hopefully they will get to this one sooner than that as it sounds like an annoying problem to be saddled with.

Hope you manage to get it resolved.

0 Kudos
Gary221201
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Gary221201 wrote:

Thanks very much.

Will they just pick it up from here or will I need to post it elsewhere to get attention?

Thanks again 

Gary 

It is likely to get a fairly quick response from the VM Forum Team. 

Although you can't see it I can see that this thread has already been escalated by the Moderators to the priority queue for a response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gary221201

Sorry to hear this

I can have a good look at this for you

I will need to take some details off you by Private Message first 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos