cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received about Marketing Preferences being updated

Eddie98
Up to speed

Hi.

I’ve recently received an email from Virgin Media confirming marketing preferences have been “successfully updated”.

I didn’t request any updates so checked my account (didn’t click on the links on the email). My account shows changes made on the same day as the email I received. On that day I did not access my account.

For security I have changed my VM account password and forwarded the email to VM’s phishing inbox. I wondered if anyone else reported something similar. Is this an unintended result of the merger with O2?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Eddie98,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the email state what's been changed exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Nothing explicit, here’s the first paragraph of the email:

All sorted! Your Virgin Media marketing contact preferences have been successfully updated. These may take up to 28 days to take effect.”

I’ve checked my account and it is showing marketing preferences changes on 27th October but I didn’t access my account on that day.

I’ve not heard back from the phishing submission as yet but the email seems legitimate, especially given what my account activity says for that day.

Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's a strange one Eddie98, was your marketing preferences the only thing that was changed from what you can see? 

If you encounter any more problems please keep us posted.

Tom 

Glassym
Joining in
I have the same message. Not opened the attachment just in case.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Glassym

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

Thank you for flagging this to us. 

Can you confirm if you have made any amendments to your marketing preferences? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No, none.

I'm so sorry to hear this! 

Can I just check if your marketing preferences are showing as how you would want them set?

Thank you.