cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being bombarded with scam emails on ntlworld email address

salamat
On our wavelength

Suddenly I’m being bombarded with scam emails on an old ntlworld.com email address! McAfee, Norton etc......7 yesterday, 15 today! Am aware of others in my area also getting hit with these....has anything in particular happened to cause these? (Am reporting them to report@phishing.gov.uk)

23 REPLIES 23

Hi prettyp62

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the email issues. 

Have you ensured your spam settings are correct?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have tried everything to block them setting rules spam etc everything evades them

I have been in touch with corporate asking them for help

It has been suggested that all these spam emails be forwarded to them perhaps when they experience the problem of wading through them then something may actually be done

The only reason I have not totally ditched virgin is because everyone who matters has my email address as all virgin wants is money they keep creeping up the cost all the time.

My next call will be to ditch the telephone and TV just keep broad band and get calls elsewhere and go with a freeview box.

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Hi John

Thank you for your response.

As previously mentioned I do not have access to a computer. I carry out all my business on my iPhone and use their specific security protocols for my emails (at the moment, I cannot change/create a new email as I use this email to handle all my elderly father’s business, sadly he passed away recently, which makes it all the more important to have proper access). I now only use VM for broadband because of previous problems with TV & mobile.

I’m attempting to personally ‘manage’ my email address by forwarding to ‘gov.uk’ however, once again, my email account is blocked by VM (I’m still waiting a resolution!!!! that’s since last Saturday!!!!)

As other members have stated VM really need to address this issue and not allow the problems to be managed by the customer.

Thanks again for response.

Hi prettyp62,

My deepest condolences for your recent loss. I appreciate this must be a difficult time.

In regards to the spam emails you've been receiving, unfortunately as much as we are aware of the problem and do everything we can to block and filter out these types of emails, some will still fall through the network which is beyond our control.

If your email account has been locked, I can certainly help with this and look into unlocking it for you as soon as possible.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this further for you.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth