cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being bombarded with scam emails on ntlworld email address

salamat
On our wavelength

Suddenly I’m being bombarded with scam emails on an old ntlworld.com email address! McAfee, Norton etc......7 yesterday, 15 today! Am aware of others in my area also getting hit with these....has anything in particular happened to cause these? (Am reporting them to report@phishing.gov.uk)

23 REPLIES 23

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi salamat

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and also the email issue.

Please see here for further help 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

salamat
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply. Will have a dig into xxx.ntlworld@gmail.com to see if anything there helps, though the spam has been coming through on @ntlworld.com emails!

Can you tell me how to block emails ignoring anything before the @ symbol but to send to spam anything after the @ symbol

Ie @ntlworld.com

I am being bombarded as is my wife with emails from antivirus facia I have tried marking as spam but because the front part changes on every single email it has no effect so if I can block anything after the @ symbol ignoring the front i would be grateful

Thanks

Alun

Hi John

posted this as a reply to Samantha but meant it for you 

Can you tell me how to block emails ignoring anything before the @ symbol but to send to spam anything after the @ symbol

Ie @ntlworld.com

I am being bombarded as is my wife with emails from antivirus facia I have tried marking as spam but because the front part changes on every single email it has no effect so if I can block anything after the @ symbol ignoring the front i would be grateful

Thanks

Alun

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Alun135

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with spam emails. 

We encourage our customers to any phishing emails to our phishing team to enable us to investigate and do what we can to put a stop to them. For more information regarding this please see here

For information on how to update/amend your spam settings, please see here

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Natalie

Did you send me the email attached it appears to be from virgin address but the content seems suspicious ie it tells me to take a look which is very often how you are caught out.

Screenshot_20210223-110846_Email.jpg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alun1354, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The email you have received has automatically been sent by ourselves to inform you that I have responded to your query on the thread. 

Thanks 

Nat

I am now for the 3rd time being bombarded by McFee Northons, bitcoin emails, I have followed advice the first time it seemed to work for a minute now I am back to being bombarded it is very annoying and will have to stop using the email address soon cause it is just getting so bombarded that I spend half my life blocking (which doesn't work) and deleteting.. is there anything other then the advice given in this string of blocking spam/ Rejecting Spam w hich clearly doesn't work

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Customer11, 

Thank you for your post. 

I know this can be frustrating, we do advise to try the links provided above and to follow all steps.

Zoie