Menu
RustyKnutt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another malware letter.

I have had an email and now one of your letters claiming to have found Ponyloader on my system. My computer is clean. Squeaky clean. I have done deep scans with comodo and Malwarebytes. Nothing. A bit of research shows this to be a possible dead trojan. The only other device I have is a Neos camera which I have temporarily disconnected. The letter and email gives no specific detail of which device it thinks is infected. Going by the number of these incidents I see reported on here, I believe one of your 'not-for-profit' organisations is getting false positives, or maybe they have a problem. In anycase, I shall be dumping your service once this corona stuff is over.

Jim

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another malware letter.

Do you have a Hub 3 & broadcasting a guest network? If so then someone may have connected to the free wifi & this is what the ‘organisation’ has picked up.

0 Kudos
RustyKnutt
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I forgot about the freebie wi fi. Do you know how to turn it off? I can't remember. I'm still dumping Virgins next year anyway, they're way too expensive now and not worth the cost.

Jim

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turn off guest wifi:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-set-up-a-guest-network-on-your-hub

To opt out of the Virginmedia wifi hotspot:

1. Register or sign in at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
  2. Select My Profile
  3. Under the Virgin Media WiFi settings select the opt out button
  4. Click Confirm to apply the changes
0 Kudos