Menu
Palookah
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2nd Malware Alert

Hi,

I've just received my second alert for malware, after the first we formatted and cleaned out both our PC and laptop and factory reset phones - the only other items connected are an XBox and numerous google home devices.

I was pretty miffed to get the second as we'd been pretty thorough - is there any means of letting us know what kind of malicious traffic is being generated? Other than nuking everything yet again I'm at a loss...

REF: VMIS61-NETWORKATTACKS-F008409229

Cheers.

-- 

Paul

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2nd Malware Alert

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who, hopefully, will be able to provide the vital detail missing from the notification; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Palookah
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, whilst I realise they can't identify the device, some indication of what kind of malware traffic it is would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Palookah,

Thanks for posting on the community forums, I'm sorry to hear you've received a 2nd Malware alert letter, I can appreciate this may be concerning.

I will pop you over a PM so I can take some details and get in touch with our Internet Security team, they should be able to shed some light on what triggered the alert.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your message and confirming your account details.

I have contacted our Internet Security team and will be back in touch via PM once I have an update for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Beth

0 Kudos
Palookah
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Both PC and laptop reset entirely and windows reinstalled, all phones factory reset... 

Yet I've just received a third warning:

Our Reference: VMIS62-NETWORKATTACKS-F008475065

Also, it was addressed to Dear Miss [customer.last_name], ??

No mention whatsoever of what type of malware.

I appreciate they can't identify which machine on my network may be the culprit (if any actually are), but some indication of what kind of malware would be useful for me to investigate further.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Palookah,

I am really sorry that I haven't been able to provide any further information as of yet, I am still waiting for a response from our Internet Security team.

I have chased this up with them today and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks so much for your continued patience.

Beth

0 Kudos