Menu
alexia_duck
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

superhub 3 keeps factory resetting

my superhub 3 factory reset itself last week and now won`t save any settings,

been having intermittent missing wifi and slow speeds for a while.

i`ve tried the pinhole reset to no avail.

has there been a firmware update recently or has the hub carked it?

any help appreciated. 

thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub 3 keeps factory resetting

Try a variation (if you haven't already).  Push the pin in firmly to its stop point and hold it in for a full 45 seconds (time it dont guess it) then DO NOT restart the Hub (as VM protocol states).  That has worked for a lot of people over the last week or so.  If it doesnt then you have a different problem - report back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
alexia_duck
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi, thanks for your suggestion, have tried it and set everything up, working well for now(although download speeds slow) fingers crossed.

many thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi alexia_duck,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. I am glad to see that the Hub has stopped resetting.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sghk200
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My hub 3 reset to factory settings by itself again. The service from Virgin is getting worse by the week, and all Virgin can do is put up its prices. I post comments here but get no replies. I am signed up recently to add SkySports, which is going to cost me £110pm, which doesnt appear in my account at all. I can get the whole service from Sky for £77 permonth for £18 months, with £20 set up fee. Good bye im off. Brian

Wild_Duck
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the "press reset pin for 45 seconds and do not switch off" has worked for the 2019 "Smart Wifi" update.

0 Kudos
sghk200
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Could you explain this advice please, as Im still having trouble.
"Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day",
am i supposed to mess around with this all through the day???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This test is to check whether it's also happening through wired connections as well as wireless connections. 

I can see you've had some help with this issue over another thread since this post, do you still require any further assistance? 

Let us know and we can help further if needed.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sghk200
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Technician called by yesterday and presented a replacement hub, and changed a few things outside . We’ll see how it is over the next few weeks brian