cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second telephone socket

wyre
Superfast

is the second grey socket live as i need to plug  a emergency lifeline in Also is it possible to have my old equipment picked up. as i have some wrong with my legs bandaged from knee to toes i cannot walk at the moment   i have been like i since august could you let me know as asap please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @wyre thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

You have mentioned the second grey socket, but it's unclear what you mean here are you able to clarify or perhaps take a photo and show us?

It looks like you have been changed over to the 21CV network, which means your landline must run through your Hub directly.

Have you not received the adapter to connect your landline directly to your Hub? Please let us know and we can send you one ASAP if not.

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

wyre
Superfast

my phone is already  connected to the hub , will my number  say the same as it was 

a virgin tec the  changed my  line over to  digital . there was no phone line addater 

in package ( not that i need it}

Hi @wyre thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

You have mentioned the second grey socket, but it's unclear what you mean here are you able to clarify or perhaps take a photo and show us?

It looks like you have been changed over to the 21CV network, which means your landline must run through your Hub directly.

Have you not received the adapter to connect your landline directly to your Hub? Please let us know and we can send you one ASAP if not.

Many thanks

Tom_W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only the TEL1 socket on the Hub is active unless you rent a second Virgin line with a different number. Be aware that a lifeline will not work if there is a power outage at your property or in the cabinet line back to the fibre node, which may be several streets away.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Tom_w1

my phone was converted a while ago. I do have a adapter for the phone it was brought when tech converted phoneline   i was just asking about second grey socket thinking that the lifeline would have to use it, but it use an ethernet connection so that sorted thanks  i message before lifeline was fitted and for what i said about not been able to get out to return the old kit. Can i ask one question  i  am disabled and classed a venuerable customer with my many health conditions utilities companies wonder if i might come under your conditions of the same will you private message me on it.   (For others my conditions are multiple and genuine so no funny remarks please). Tom things in brackets are not aimed at forum team

Hi wyre,

Thanks for reaching back out to you, I will invite you into a private chat so we can discuss your disability's  and make sure the account is flagged appropriately, I will send an invite shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.