cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no virgin media wall socket

kirbyp4
Tuning in

We have the quickstart pack but sadly cannot get broadband set up and working.

We have a virgin media wall socket with an ethernet port in the wall but no round cable. 

We have tried plugging it into the only box we found it would fit but no luck.

There are multiple different branded wall boxes inside our flat but none seem to be properly connected.

Any advise? We cannot get through to book an engineer on the phone line or help pages.

Thank you,

Kirby

48 REPLIES 48

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the external box does not sound like a VM one if the cables go to BT wall boxes

post a photo of the external box - if you can get the cover off it post a photo of whats inside

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi.

No it was all sorted. VM engineer came out and installed a new cable attaching it to the outside box.

20210505_102045.jpg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats certainly a VM wall box - the cables to follow are the two at the top of the splitter - the white and black one - forget the ones with thin wires they are phone lines - maybe VM maybe BT who have used the access hole

so follow the 2 wires as said and see where they go - all looks good externally - if they have been cut internally then you need a tech - if you can find either of the ends and they have a screw connection then you are well on the way - that assumes the cables back to the cab are good

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi JoeR247,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you don't have any internal sockets, I have had a look our end and can see a technician is already booked for this, if you do need any further help please let us know?

Regards

Paul.

Larryshow
Joining in

I just received my virgin media kit today but unfortunately there is no virgin media wall socket in my flat. This is painful. Please help urgently as I  need connection to meet a deadline. 

Thanks.

Hi Larryshow,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you weren't able to set up your self install due to not realising there wasn't a connection in the property.

I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for  you, I can see you have been able to speak to us and your Services are now all set up, if you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out to us?

Regards

Paul.

J-maw7
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’m a new customer at Virgin and opted for the self install service however I do not have the required Virgin media wall socket as the wall socket I currently have is an openreach cable for vodaphone that has none of the associated connections I need for the virgin wifi box. 

is there anyway to book an engineer to install the correct wires/ connectors? I’ve searched all over the virgin media website and it just assumes I’ve already got one installed in my house. 

thanks, J-Maw7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@J-maw7 wrote:

Hi, 

I’m a new customer at Virgin and opted for the self install service however I do not have the required Virgin media wall socket as the wall socket I currently have is an openreach cable for vodaphone that has none of the associated connections I need for the virgin wifi box. 

is there anyway to book an engineer to install the correct wires/ connectors? I’ve searched all over the virgin media website and it just assumes I’ve already got one installed in my house. 

thanks, J-Maw7

if they have allows self install then there has been an install there in the past but things may have changed or be different

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I do have an external box however several of the wires connected to it looked like they had been cut and since it is night I don’t want to go poking at any live wires. Wasn’t sure if I needed a specific box installed or just a cable adapter.

Thanks