cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no virgin media wall socket

kirbyp4
Tuning in

We have the quickstart pack but sadly cannot get broadband set up and working.

We have a virgin media wall socket with an ethernet port in the wall but no round cable. 

We have tried plugging it into the only box we found it would fit but no luck.

There are multiple different branded wall boxes inside our flat but none seem to be properly connected.

Any advise? We cannot get through to book an engineer on the phone line or help pages.

Thank you,

Kirby

48 REPLIES 48

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hmmmm thats interesting - the other socket is a standard aerial connector but the cable end you show is a F type connector that could be the input cable - that comes in behind that box - you could remove the box and look whats there 

but  for a £1 or so get one of these and try things

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

put that in and then the isolator cable that came with the hub - power it up and see what happens - whatever happens you will need to activate the hub - the number should be in the quick start pack

if that works great if not book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi there, 

I'm having the same issue. I have my Hub 3 but no wall socket so even though the hub is connected, there is no wifi. 

Can you help arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks,

EMackenzies

Hello, 

I am having the same issue and urgently need help as I've just moved home and need internet for WFH. I cannot find a virgin wall socket at my new apartment and have similar sockets as shown by the original poster. Will anyone be able to help?

Appreciate that these are COVID times, but there doesnt seem to be a way to reach Virgin by phone at the moment

Hi.

I am a new customer and have opted for the quick setup package.  But then I thought, I don't have a virgin media box to attach my router too.

There is cable box on the outside but previously the inside vm box had been removed due to redecorating. 

Can I get a new one installed please.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Tnabi33 and welcome to our community.

We can see that you've since been in touch with the team and had an appointment booked to get this sorted for you.

Thanks, Emily.

KM36
Joining in

Hi,

Could someone please help to get connected? It doesn’t look like I can connect to ‘the wall socket’..

Many thanks

Krysia

39A7D1AC-F266-4263-B079-A8B09CCEF2C2.jpeg

B94F3B84-83F9-4E23-A5D0-901B118AFBA4.jpeg

C02D1531-C959-48A2-A25F-11633A123D11.jpeg

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @KM36 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting yourself up and running. 

Unfortunately we are not able to arrange for a manned install to take place from here, you would need to call the quickstart team. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I am having the same issue. No Virgin Media wall socket.

I cannot get through to anyone to book an engineer.

Please advise asap as my contract with my previous provider expires imminently and I require internet asap

Joe

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@JoeR247 wrote:

I am having the same issue. No Virgin Media wall socket.

I cannot get through to anyone to book an engineer.

Please advise asap as my contract with my previous provider expires imminently and I require internet asap

Joe

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for trying to help Tony

The cables from the external box lead to a Bt open reach socket and a blank socket... both appear.to be phone lines. My previous sky microfilter attached here.

I cant locate any cables