cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 for new install

cc1970
On our wavelength

Hi

Due to have TV, BB and phone installed tomorrow  and its on my contract for a HUB 3.0 to be installed.  I assume that  the HUB 3.0 is fairly old now and I thought it would have been a HUB 4.  My BB speed I chose is  350MB and this is the 1st time I have had VM services.

I also assume that as my estate is completely new to have VM cabling that my landline will plug into the back of the HUB and not into a VM phone socket like BT?

thanks

cc1970

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not "gospel"... but VM are clearly sending out refurb's - there are many posts saying that over the last year or two. They either do that...or they cant connect some new customers.

Its not entirely VM's issue alone - there are well reported shortages of new electronic components that go into Hubs - that are delaying lots of things (e.g. new cars !), also.....  ships blocking the Suez canal, Brexit issues, shortages of lorry drivers to move containers from ports, long queues at ports, the Russia situation, and so on... I suspect its not only VM that are experiencing these issues as many companies now manage stock in the "Toyota Way" using Just in Time processes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Hub stocks are a moving feast... you could get anything from a refurbished Hub3 to a New Hub5 - depending on their stock levels when the Tech attends. All of those are capable of delivering the 350 speeds.

Yes the phone will plug into the back of the Hub - make sure you get the tech to connect it with the correct adapter and test its working.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

cc1970
On our wavelength

thanks Jbrennand

I would have thought all the equipment for a new install would be brand new, surely its not reconditioned for a new install.  Even with Sky who I am leaving it was all new equipment when I got Sky Q - and It was a few years down the line before I got that.

Regards

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is not "gospel"... but VM are clearly sending out refurb's - there are many posts saying that over the last year or two. They either do that...or they cant connect some new customers.

Its not entirely VM's issue alone - there are well reported shortages of new electronic components that go into Hubs - that are delaying lots of things (e.g. new cars !), also.....  ships blocking the Suez canal, Brexit issues, shortages of lorry drivers to move containers from ports, long queues at ports, the Russia situation, and so on... I suspect its not only VM that are experiencing these issues as many companies now manage stock in the "Toyota Way" using Just in Time processes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Returned hubs and TV boxes are reconditioned and checked that they operate to specification, so you should have no concern about their performance. And even if a hub or box fails you just get another for free as they are all rented, not owned.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi Roger_Gooner

All the equipment seems to be new - still had protective films on boxes. However as you said I don't own them and are replaced if any faults so happy with that.

Regards