cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get my house connected to VM

biggerbil
Tuning in

All my neighbours on my street seem to be able to get VM but I cant. I am set back from the road so I guess its some sort of distance to connection point issue. Is it possible to speak to someone about looking into getting my house connected? I would be prepared to share the installation cost if necessary! Thankyou!

3 REPLIES 3

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Happy to check this for you

I'll pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi there,

I dont know if you can help - i have made some progress in getting connected to virgin media but its all going wrong!

After i raised the issue of my neighbours having virgin media but my property showing as unavailable someone from sales contacted me and offered me the package with no installation cost

I agreed and signed up to an 18 month deal

The original installation date was postponed to  4th sep

In the meantime a network engineer came out and we agreed the best route to connect my property which involves digging 40m and laying the cable along a public tarmac footpath/walkway down the side of my neighbours house (but not on private land) to reach my border. He marked up the route.

I received a text from virgin saying they wanted to discuss the installation and i arranged a time to discuss today. Noone called but I got in contact with customer services who said the installation has been cancelled due to the cost of connection being prohibitive. I completely understand that this has to be taken into account but its disappointing noone has contacted me to tell me this seeing as installation is still scheduled for saturday!

Nonetheless i would be happy to help fund the cost of the installation so that it makes economic sense for virgin and that i get the services i have signed up for.

Its hard to contact anyone to discuss this as the customer facing teams say it is unusual request and they dont know who to ask.

Please can you help?

Thanks

matt

Hi @biggerbil / Matt.

Thanks for coming back to us. Let me send you a PM and I can get some information. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill