Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing contract moving to a new build

tsui
Tuning in

to be completed by the end of June

the postcode checker says "we're on the way"

I talked to move chat in May, she said the "national home builders team" will call me but of course no one call me.

I just want to know the estimated date if there is still months away I have to consider other providers.

20220623_160842.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello tsui, 

Thanks for coming back to the thread, so you'd need to speak to the Movers team. They'd book this in with early disconnection fees and raise a case for you at the same time. You'd send them documentation of the new property not being cabled/serviceable, they'd remove it as you're moving to a non-servicable address which I can confirm it isn't as we said above.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tsui

Thanks for posting. I will PM you now to take some details and get this looked into.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tsui

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details. I have emailed the relevant department and will be in touch as soon as I know more.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tsui

I have heard back from the team and it's not good news I'm afraid. They have confirmed currently no plans to install at that address you have gave me in the PM.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

thanks
so I can terminate the contract without any penalty, right?

@tsui wrote:
thanks

Don’t worry about it, there is NO contract, VM can’t supply a service and you haven’t agreed to pay anything.

@jem101 wrote:

@tsui wrote:
thanks

Don’t worry about it, there is NO contract, VM can’t supply a service and you haven’t agreed to pay anything.

I have an existing contract at my current home with a few months left.
I think I have to pay the early disconnection fee and get a refund later. I would like to know the detail procedure and what is considered as "valid evidence of the new address"

From https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home/move-unserviceable

If Virgin Media isn't available at your new address, you’ll need to cancel your Virgin Media service. Unfortunately, if you’re still in your minimum term, this means you might have to pay an early disconnection fee for ending your contract early. If you're moving outside our network area but still within the UK and you give us some valid evidence of your new address within 30 days, we'll credit you back the early disconnection fee. Our team will let you know the full process, so you'll only pay what you need to.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tsui 

Customers will need to provide proof of their new address with a wide range of readily-available documents accepted including mortgage and rental agreements, utility bills, bank statements and driving licenses.

Info from https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-ends-charges-for-off-net-home-movers/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

can anyone from VM advise the procedure?

I dont want to use the ridiculous 4 hrs queue move chat again

Hello tsui, 

Thanks for coming back to the thread, so you'd need to speak to the Movers team. They'd book this in with early disconnection fees and raise a case for you at the same time. You'd send them documentation of the new property not being cabled/serviceable, they'd remove it as you're moving to a non-servicable address which I can confirm it isn't as we said above.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team