Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot receive SMS from iphones

I recently changed from a 30 day rollover SIM with VM to a free SIM that came with VM broadband. I had to use the new number as my old number could not be transferred VM -VM. I am not receiving any iMessage but can receive messages from people with Android phones. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cannot receive SMS from iphones

Hello

To resolve this

1) Sign out of your Apple ID.

2) Power off phone and then back on.

3) Sign back into your Apple ID.

The main reason this  happens is if the old number was already registered with Apple servers, then it will not update until the above process has been followed, as the servers are not dynamically updated.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does this mean that I have to message everyone with an iPhone and ask them to do this? Mine is an Android phone and always has been

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

iMessages can only send from iPhone to iPhone, it could be that they have your old phone number, when iPhone try and send messages to Android it goes by SMS text. So all the iPhone users will need to update your number.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos