cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot locate the wall socket

kermitlau
Joining in

I ordered the self-installation for the broadband and I had received the Hub3 today. However, I realized that there is no any wall socket can fit the cable to the hub. Then what should I do? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quickstart kits can only be ordered if the property has had a VM service in the past.

There may not be a wall socket, but just a wire to connect to.  Check outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the cables to the inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quickstart kits can only be ordered if the property has had a VM service in the past.

There may not be a wall socket, but just a wire to connect to.  Check outside for a brown or grey omnibox and trace the cables to the inside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kermitlau,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you experienced this with your self-installation. Was the great advice given by @Adduxi useful?

I am unable to locate your account using forum details to further look into your installation. Since posting, have you been able to reach our team on 0345 454 1111 who can rebook the install for you?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The problem is solved. Thank you everyone!