cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable repull appointment kept delayed. Can we use virgin coax TV wiring to get Internet?

h7525han
Joining in

Hi,

the Virgin engineer came last week to set up the boxes. However the fibre cable hadn't been installed. So I called the virgin media on Saturday(13/08/2022) and a cable repull appointment was scheduled on 15/08/2022. However, no one came on 15/08/2022. So I called virgin media again, they told me the appointment was rescheduled to 17/08/2022. Once again, no one came. It seemed that there was no communication between the virgin customer service team and the construction team.

I noticed that there is a cabling coming overhead from a Virgin media pole to my house (please find pics below). Since there are only TV sockets in my house, I guess this cable are a TV cable? So I am wondering if we can use this virgin tv cable to get internet. If yes, we probably can save some time because we do not need permission from local council to temporarily close the road. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this.

IMG_20220817_180611.jpgIMG_20220817_180624.jpg

Many thanks,
Han

2 REPLIES 2

That_E90_Guy
Up to speed

Virgin dont use poles, that is a BT pole. Your virgin connection is underground, hence why you dont have any service, as you dont have an underground cable. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Han, we do not used poles and these are owned by BT for the phone lines. We use fibre optic cables which are underground and our TV wiring would be marked as CATV on the grid outside. The cable repull would mean that the cable has been damaged and would require replacement. Once this has been done we will be able to supply the service. Chris.