cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an Engineer turn up?

R3db3ard
On our wavelength

Hi there,

I have an engineer appt booked for Wednesday 29th Sept this week for my home move.

Will an engineer definitely turn up? I’ve been getting text messages from Virgin asking me to confirm the appointment which I’ve done but I’ve seen other posts stating the engineer hasn’t turned up without any explanation.

I can’t find the Virgin fibre connection at my new place so I need an engineer to take a look and possibly install one. Can anyone help with working out how to confirm an engineer will definitely come?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the cable to that box is still intact then there should be no problem. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check out the compensation page, I think you can get some for missed appointments. 

The real answer to your question is nobody knows, hundreds of things could happen before then. He might even run out of petrol!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you know if there is a cable from the road that was used for a previous installation?  If it is not there the technician will not be able to connect you. A separate construction crew will be needed to put in the cable. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

R3db3ard
On our wavelength

I have no idea. How would I tell? 

There is an old telewest box at the wall in the property but that’s all I can find. Apparently the previous tenants had Virgin and when I checked if I could take Virgin with me via the home move area of the website it said I could so I’d imagine there is some kind of box/omnibox to the property somewhere.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the cable to that box is still intact then there should be no problem. 

- jpeg1

R3db3ard
On our wavelength

Awesome! Here’s hoping. 

Thanks jpeg and others 

Do please come back to us @R3db3ard with an update.

If we need to look into the reasoning for an engineer not turning up to the property on the time and date promised, we can look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

R3db3ard
On our wavelength

That’s great David, thank you.

I will let you know if there are any issues. 

R3db3ard
On our wavelength

Edit:

The Engineer did indeed turn up and my fibre is now up and running.

Good times!

Thanks again,

R3dbeard

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know. 

We are very happy to hear you are up and running again. 

Thanks 

Nat