cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi - Not to our flat, but others are fine?

BigJake328
Tuning in

Hi there, 

Me and my partner would like to get Virgin Media into our new flat. My partner talked to the sales team who at first said for us to get the landlords permission and then we can get it installed, but now the sales team says our flat is not serviceable and theres nothing we can do about it?

But other flats in the building are and have Virgin Wifi? Im just unsure how this is possible and why we have been told two different things. 

Any help would be appreciated as we would like to use Virgin as soon as possible. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Someone from VM will respond on here - possibly in a day or two.

There are lots of possible reasons. e.g. The location may be at "capacity" so that now more new connections are feasible. If you flat is on the 5th floor (for example) there may be height/distance issues that prevent it happening.

See what they say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thanks for this. I think Im just abit confused as I was told two different things by Virgin.

Also couldn’t comprehend that in a flat in London you couldnt get Wifi if you wanted to but I guess Im no expert.

Thanks for your comment and I shall see what Virgin have to say. 

Cheers

Jake

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BigJake328 

Thanks for considering joining us.

Would you still like us to assist with this?

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy,

Yes please I would still like information on this.

Thanks,

Jake

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @BigJake328 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

I will pop you a private message, so please keep an eye on your purple envelope in the top right of your screen. From there I'll request some details and we can take a look into this matter. 

Many thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more