Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why didn't the engineer set up and check my phone line and broadband, or leave me a start up pack?

We had VM installed today. The video on the website said we would have a start up pack and the engineer would explain everything and leave everywhere clean. He left a mess, no vacuming of brick dust. He did not switch the hub on at the hub, we can not get a white light. He did not try it to check it and did not plug in the phone to check the phone line. He literally fitted  it, put the cable in the hub and said I'm done now and off he went. So disappointed and have little technical knowledge to set up the new system. 

Also was not told about the 6 month free deal. Just want to back out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why didn't the engineer set up and check my phone line and broadband, or leave me a start up pack?

is it now working if not post back and i will flag the thread

no idea what the 6 months free deal is - you will have to explain

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why didn't the engineer set up and check my phone line and broadband, or leave me a start up pack?

If you are not satisfied you have the right to cancel those services at no penalty within 14 days of the start of a new contract.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If i was a Virgin manager, that so called engineer would be sent packing . Shocking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why didn't the engineer set up and check my phone line and broadband, or leave me a start up ...

Hi AndyLorna

Thanks for posing and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the install issues and want to assist further, if it's not already been sorted since posting. I've not been able to locate your account via the forums details you've provided. If you need my assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos