cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

zainhxx
Joining in

Hello,

I have posted on this forum a few times and the people have been super helpful. My issue is that my area has virgin media optic fibre but my house does not (probably because the house is quite new). Please could someone tell me why this is the case, how I can fix it, and how much money it would cost to fix. 

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a standard format for this.

A spotter is sent out to assess what alterations are required to the street ducting & the potential costs. Also there is a check of who owns the land (if any) between the service strip in the road & the prospective customer.

The budget to service a new customer equates to digging around 7 - 10 metres of tarmac. Digging in roads, removing & replacing block paving also push up the cost. This won't cost you anything, nor does VM enter into any cost sharing agreement for a property that is already built.

Unlike BT, VM is not covered by any kind of universal service provision rules, so can refuse to service a property for any reason they choose.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a standard format for this.

A spotter is sent out to assess what alterations are required to the street ducting & the potential costs. Also there is a check of who owns the land (if any) between the service strip in the road & the prospective customer.

The budget to service a new customer equates to digging around 7 - 10 metres of tarmac. Digging in roads, removing & replacing block paving also push up the cost. This won't cost you anything, nor does VM enter into any cost sharing agreement for a property that is already built.

Unlike BT, VM is not covered by any kind of universal service provision rules, so can refuse to service a property for any reason they choose.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi zainhxx, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to hear your house is not serviceable by us currently.

The growth and our processes where we link more properties and streets to our network so we can provide the service are done based on our network expansion plan, so this would be down to when your area/building are on next for joining.

If your address does not appear on our post code checker we can assist by looking into this for you and find out more.

To enable me to help, I will send you a PM here soon and share more info.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs