Menu
Luis89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When should I order Virgin broadband?

Hello everybody,

I am currently changing provider, so I cancelled my current broadband contract, which will end on the 1st May, and I would like to order a VirginMedia Fibre broadband (e.g. M100).

From Virgin Broadband page I checked that I can have the QuickStart setup, which should take 4 days to arrive. 

I was wondering when should I order this new broadband setup? Should I order a week before my contract end? Or do I need more time for Virgin to set everything up and be sure to have a connection after 1st May? I can't have internet interruptions as I am working from home at the moment, thus I always need to be online.

Thanks very much,

Luis

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When should I order Virgin broadband?

Hi there 

Let me help you

We should be able to help you get it installed asap.

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and see whats the best options.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would order it as soon as possible just in case of any problems.

Ideally, if you are working from home I wouldn't have cancelled my existing provider until the new connection was in and working. A month extra is often worth it when you can't be without internet access.

(I actually have 2 separate ISPs as when I rang up to cancel they offered me a good deal, so when I have problems with VM I can just switch providers within minutes)

Luis89
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Christy_D and @Z92 for the prompt answers. 

I proceeded with the order, however I can't see the confirmation email yet. I PM'ed Chrsty_D, if you could please double check everything's gone through and I'll receive the confirmation asap 🙂 
Thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Luis89,

I am happy to see you have proceeded with the order.

I am sorry you have not received a confirmation email yet, this can take 24 hours.

I can not see your private message that you have sent to the agent in question.

Do you want me to help you? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Luis89
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Hayley_S

Just sent you a PM 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can see this message @Luis89,

Thank you for reaching out to me, I will respond to you now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Luis89,

Thank you for talking to me in a private message today.

I am glad that I was able to help you with your query, please do keep me updated with the email I have resent to you, let me know if this can be your solution to your thread for now, if so please do mark it as this for now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

<snip>   (I actually have 2 separate ISPs as when I rang up to cancel they offered me a good deal, so when I have problems with VM I can just switch providers within minutes)

You really should have a Dual wan setup. If you have both why not run both together? Just curious btw.  🙂

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Adduxi wrote:

@Z92 wrote:

<snip>   (I actually have 2 separate ISPs as when I rang up to cancel they offered me a good deal, so when I have problems with VM I can just switch providers within minutes)

You really should have a Dual wan setup. If you have both why not run both together? Just curious btw.  🙂

What sort? Like Load balancing or automatic fail over?

If the VM connection goes down I just have to change the GW on the FW (and remember to change it back!)

Would be nice for the box to do it automatically but it doesn't support it.

I can in theory have some devices going over the VM connection and some over the BT, but I don't really see the point.

0 Kudos