cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

HK72
Joining in

Hi, I have a old socket of telewest and the cable from the hub does not fit. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up photos of the wall box and also the cable connectors

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may need one of these https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd?gclid=EAIaIQ...

Or the end may have a termination cap fitted which will need unscrewed and removed. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

• 20220305_183027.jpg

 it looks like this

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need the coupler as advised. This will allow the Quickstart cable to be fitted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks a lot for the help. I got the coupler now, let me see if it works.

Hi HK72, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to update the thread to let us know that you have the extra bit needed. Hopefully the rest of the installation has gone smoothly but if you are having any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs