Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket power

I got quick start kit today but without a wall socket power cable (though requested one whilst placing an order for internet).

No chance to speak to anyone from call center - 2 hrs on hold now. Internet isn't working. Any ideas how can I contact them to get that power cable please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket power

Good afternoon,

Which power cable is it that you need exactly? Is it the power supply for the hub itself?

If so, I can potentially get an engineer to drop one in to you if they're in your local area.

Steve

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

When you are referring to wall sockets, can I ask if you are referring to the Isolator Housings where the feed enters the property? 

They look like this: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/broadband/wall-socket

If not and you require some additional assistance with the set up of your equipment I've provided a link which may prove useful tomorrow: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-getting-started-with-broadband

If non of this helps, you may need to contact the team for further assistance, please can I advise using the following text message number to raise a query: 07533051809. 

I hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no thought I need additional power cable for the wall socket itself. My patience paid off and finally got through to call center. Lady on the phone said I don't need power cable for socket anymore just for hub which I got. Just working on it 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad you managed to get this sorted. 🙂

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes and no. Apparently there is an issue within a socket itself, or anywhere. Engineer could be appointed end of April so had to terminate agreement as I need good connection for my kids' home lessons.Thank you anyway 🙂

0 Kudos