cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media wall socket

KrobertW
Joining in

Screenshot_20221012_185835_Photos.jpg

Hello, I'm awaiting my broadband m200 coming and have had a little look at the setup to familiarise myself but there's already a plug wired into the virgin media socket on the wall and I'm worried to remove it anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up a photo or two of what you have and someone will advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Screenshot_20221012_185848_Photos.jpg

Where does the white wire go to?

Through the wall into my spare bedroom then loose it has sort of 0 with a copper pin in the middle 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well that we be where the previous VM customer had their hub. Just unscrew the cable an the one supplied with the QuickStart kit will just push on, as the plug are now a new type. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Morning KrobertW

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and also Virgin Media 🙂

Thanks to everyone who's answered on this thread to help 🙂

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/installation - this should also help when you receive the kit.

Let us know how you get on or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill