cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media wall socket

bharathrajskies
Joining in

Hello, 

I don’t have a virgin media wall socket at the new place I have shifted in. I got the self installation kit and I’m unable to set up the internet because of this. I’m unable to book a service engineer to help me out with it . Can you have someone contact me regarding this ? Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

other than that VM will get to the tread in a day or few and book a tech - if you want quicker then its the phone

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you so much, VN please book us a technician or engineer to fix this issue.

i bharathrajskies,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you weren't able to do a self install due to not having the connection point, I have been able to locate your account with the details for you and can see your services are now active our end, if you still need further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us?

Regards

Paul.