Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media connect app with new wi-fi booster - "unrecognised access point"

Hi - I've just received my wi-fi boosters and installed according to the instructions - all seems to be working fine. 

Can see both boxes from the hub admin and have logged into the wi-fi booster admin to check that the wi-fi settings have copied correctly.

However in the Connect app I can see the two booster boxes but it doesn't seem to recognise them as boosters - according to the app my network has no boosters. 

When I try to measure the speed for a device connected to the wi-fi booster I get the message "unrecognised access point"

Please help as I've exhausted all the help I can find online. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media connect app with new wi-fi booster - "unrecognised access point"

You don’t need to add the boosters into the app

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media connect app with new wi-fi booster - "unrecognised access point"

Hi Gary

Sorry but your response doesn't make sense.

The app won't give a signal reading in any room which is connecting via the booster - message "Please connect to your hub or wifi booster - it looks like you're connected to your home network via an unrecognised access point".

In the app under wi-fi Network - "Hubs/Boosters broadcasting this wi-fi network" it only shows the Hub 2.4 & 5 Ghz.

However in My Devices I can see the two Comtrend devices connected to the hub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have your boosters cloned your Hubs details, so they have the same SSID?  I'm wondering if this may be why they do not show up in the connect App. Have you tried resetting the boosters?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Correct.

The Connect App is more trouble than its worth.

What are you hoping to achieve with the app?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The connect app is a buggy piece of crap. As long as your devices can connect to the WiFi in every room you'll use them in I wouldn't worry about what it says. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spencer
Yes, the boosters have cloned the Hub details and I've rebooted everything multiple times....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary
So you're saying the app just doesn't work with the boosters? It seems as though it's meant to. I wanted to test that I had installed the boosters in a decent place and that it had fixed my wi-fi blackspot problems
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Isn't it easier to use a proper device that you'll be using anyway? Like a phone or tablet? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well go into the room where the boosters are and see what the speeds are

0 Kudos